NessieDVB::Forum

... talks ...

Oynnx Media Client

DLNA server mode

Most networked media players, including Blueray players and TV sets are fit in that mode.

Re: Oynnx Media Client

Postby hop » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 am

Got it. Thanks.

As I can see, you have tried to stream some AVI file:

Code: Select all
GET /resource/1/MEDIA_ITEM/AVI$0 HTTP/1.1
Accept: */*
Accept-Language: en-gb,en-us
Connection: Keep-Alive
Host: 192.168.0.2:8895
User-Agent: Oregan Media Browser/4.15
X-Oregan-Browser-Information: Oregan Media Browser-4.15.29r1-Linux-bcm7405-Broadcom-128bit-Ethernet-[USB][NoFontHintingOnFallback][ShockwaveFlashNoSound][NoPlugins][VOD][NoEnglishIME][NoJapaneseIME]
X-Oregan-Licence-Information: DST04
X-Oregan-Screen-Information: Mode=HDTV 720p,Resolution=1280x720,VisibleArea=1152x648
transferMode.dlna.org: Streaming

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Type: video/x-msvideo
Content-Length: 501881790
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 11:06:04 GMT
Server: Windows XP, UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50, Serviio/0.6.0.1
Cache-control: no-cache

RIFF....AVI LISTv"..hdrlavih8...@................$..................h...................LIST....strlstrh8...vidsXVID.........................$....................h.strf(..

Can do you do the same, but for transport stream file? If you have any recordings
from DVB box, you can use it directly. Extension should be .TS or .TRP or .M2TS.

For start would be simpler to check with any SDTV recording (with MPEG2 video).
Only when we get it working we can check with some HDTV file (with H264) too.

/Honza
hop

Postby finbar » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:20 am

Honza

I don't have any of these types of files , on the internet I can see some sampel HD stuff http://www.w6rz.net/

May be you couldl point me at something that work work / and I can download it

Thanks

Finbar
finbar

Postby ales » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:27 pm

I've just made 28sec recording from FTA BBC service at 0.8W. Done with NessieDVB and VDR 1.7.18. You could find it at www.nessiedvb.com/00001.ts. Its MPEG2/TS recording.
ales

Postby finbar » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:13 pm

finbar

Postby hop » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:20 am

Thanks for trace file.

Unfortunatelly it seems to be the same issue like I have already
reported to the Popcornhour guys here:
http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showt ... ?tid=51874

In few words - in my opinion, the DLNA client is using "Ranges",
what means that it tries to read as many bytes as it needs for buffering
and only after getting it full it starts processing data in it.
At least it looks like it after analyzying your trace file.
You can find there few GET commands, which differ only
in "Range:" header option (see bellow):

Code: Select all
GET /resource/2/MEDIA_ITEM/MPEG_TS_SD_EU_ISO$0 HTTP/1.1
Accept: */*
Accept-Language: en-gb,en-us
Host: 192.168.0.2:8895
Range: bytes=6815744-
User-Agent: Oregan Media Browser/4.15
X-Oregan-Browser-Information: Oregan Media Browser-4.15.29r1-Linux-bcm7405-Broadcom-128bit-Ethernet-[USB][NoFontHintingOnFallback][ShockwaveFlashNoSound][NoPlugins][VOD][NoEnglishIME][NoJapaneseIME]
X-Oregan-Licence-Information: DST04
X-Oregan-Screen-Information: Mode=HDTV 720p,Resolution=1280x720,VisibleArea=1152x648

HTTP/1.1 206 Partial Content
Content-Type: video/mpeg
Content-Range: bytes 6815744-14201519/14201520
Content-Length: 7385776
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 17:56:55 GMT
Server: Windows XP, UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50, Serviio/0.6.0.1
Cache-control: no-cache

The best analysis can be done if I get similar trace file, but this time
for connection between STB and NessieDVB.

And one more question: if you think we can get contact
directly to the STB vendor, then I will be happy to do this way
as it should be much better (then making conclusion
only on protocol trafic analysis basis)

/Honza
hop

Postby finbar » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:24 pm

Hi

I'm not sure I cab get you the trace, as far as I can tell wireshark with routers / swtches obly sees what the switch wants it to, i plugged nessie and a laptop into a small chape switch but its still switching, can we run wireshark equiv in teh nessie box.

The software in the STB comes from Oregan Media Browser they said I need to speak to the STB manufacturer so I have contacted them at support@dstreamtech.com so maybe they can help.

Obvioulsy the serviio solution has a away to avoid this issue maybe you could do do something similiar

Regards

Finbar
finbar

Postby hop » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:25 pm

finbar wrote:Hi

I'm not sure I cab get you the trace, as far as I can tell wireshark with routers / swtches obly sees what the switch wants it to, i plugged nessie and a laptop into a small chape switch but its still switching, can we run wireshark equiv in teh nessie box.
Yes, it is known issue of switching network. There is very hard to capture traffic between
other nodes. Some switches (usually professional ones, like Cisco or so) have feature
called "port duplication" or something like that. It doeas exactly what we need
- it copies traffic from predefined port to another one, where can sit PC with capturing software.

The software in the STB comes from Oregan Media Browser they said I need to speak to the STB manufacturer so I have contacted them at support@dstreamtech.com so maybe they can help.

If you get any positive answer, let me know.

Obvioulsy the serviio solution has a away to avoid this issue maybe you could do do something similiar

Unfortunatelly not. The main problem is the nature of video data - Serviio or other NAS server
simply serves _STATIC_DATA_, so then it can send as much data as client wants.

But we have _LIVE_DATA_. There is no way to send them more data then we get from satellite.

The problem is that programmers who coded software for DLNA clients (like that for you box)
simply didn't in mind DLNA server which serves live video data. In this case the requirements
for video data prebuffering must be lowered, otherwise DLNA client get timeouted (like in your
case when it displays only "Buffering ..." or it takes ages when it shows video (like in Samsung TV
example. BTW, Sony TV behaves much better, seems it not need so many data in buffer).

/Honza
hop

Postby finbar » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:40 pm

ok i understand and we will wait and see if we can get a response the problem for me is that the STB is connected to a large TV that doesn't have ethernet so i don't want to replace that just to get nessie working ( but i need the nessie channels on this TV) . Do you know of any other STB that have a DLNA client that will work with live data.

I can see in the Samsung case that it waits a long time to initially load the buffer but then it works fine, for this STB is it looking for a certain speed of delivery before it starts working , otherwise it would eventually fill the buffer and then should start (but it doesn't)
finbar

Postby finbar » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:53 pm

Hop

This is the initail reply from the vendor, please advise about DLNA 1.5 from your persepctive

Dear Finbar,

Our DPS1000 box supports DLNA 1.5 and the NessieDVB does not seem to be 100% compliant with DLNA 1.5 since DLNA 1.5 has no live stream support. This is from Oregan’s quick reply.

BTW, could you please let us know how the device fails? Are you able to browse content?

If you have any other inquires or comments, please feel free to contact service@mitlondon.com.

Best Regards,
Digital Stream Technology
finbar

Postby ales » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:02 am

Hi Finbar, please be patient, Honza is out of office till this weekend. We have tomorrow - Nov. 17th state holiday - so many people took Friday as holiday and have longer weekend.
ales

PreviousNext

Return to config:DLNA