NessieDVB::Forum

... talks ...

[EN] Option to save nessiedvb configuration

Everything except all above (config:vtuner,config:multicast,config:DLNA and config:network)

[EN] Option to save nessiedvb configuration

Postby mebepi » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:49 am

Hi,

Can you foreseen an option to save the nessiedvb locally into a file that we can restore later on: very interesting feature for professionnal that would like to quickly configure severals nessiedvb with the same configuration, for exemple to deploy on different sites.

Mebepi
mebepi

Re: [EN] Option to save nessiedvb configuration

Postby hop » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:57 pm

Let me add that on TODO list :)

Honza
hop

Postby __jata__ » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:02 pm

Aaaah, this could also solve the problem with (many) persistent settings. Having params in an external file, they could be non-persistent within Nessie..
__jata__

Postby hop » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:32 pm

__jata__ wrote:Aaaah, this could also solve the problem with (many) persistent settings. Having params in an external file, they could be non-persistent within Nessie..

Can you, please, check which part not have persistent config after reboot?
I heard about it first time. Don't be offended, I perfectly understand it can be my problem, I may overlooked bug report or so.

Thx

Honza
hop

Postby __jata__ » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:59 pm

vtuner->groups :) . But it could be possible to use external file for anything else as well..
But the main remark was about someting else: perhaps it would be possible to keep certain infos not inside of the Nessie, but outside, as a part of the external file. For example some non-crucial settings, or even all possible settings. Then the recovery infos could be stored outside without any risk of damage/loose during manipulation with Nessie.
Edit: my fault, vtuner->groups survive the reboot. Only this setting does not survive the tuner mode change.
__jata__

Postby hop » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:26 am

__jata__ wrote:vtuner->groups :)

Well tunergroups not shows me like MANY problems but the only one. And besides that I have already stated I get it fixed.
Unfortunatelly because of testing of how many config option don't stay persistent during reboot (and some other work) I was not able to prepare beta image as I promised :( I hope it come on Sunday ...

Honza
hop

Postby __jata__ » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:55 am

__jata__ wrote:Aaaah, this could also solve the problem with (many) persistent settings. Having params in an external file, they could be non-persistent within Nessie..

Ths might be a confusing. It was NOT ment as 'many configuration setting are lost after reboot', but: it would be nice to preserve these persistent settings by storing in an external file, eventually in the external file instead in Nessie.. Sorry for the unclear formulation.
__jata__

Postby ales » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:57 am

Well, I'm afraid that here are mixed two different things - reboot of NessieDVB and change of tuner mode.

When NessieDVB is rebooted whole config is restored correctly (network, tuner modes etc.)

When tuner mode is changed the new choosen mode is started with configuration of mode forced. In dlna mode the last config is prefilled (database of offered channels), in vtuner and dvblast mode default configuration are used. It means that multicasted channels (dvblast) and groups (vtuner) needs to be set.

From next image the vtuner configuration will be opened with last used groups.
ales

Return to rest